Guesthouse Administrator Vacancy
Full –time live-in residential position
Start date: immediate
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full-time, live-in Guesthouse Administrator at Mount Saint Joseph Abbey, Roscrea. The successful candidate will be the ‘face’ of our historic Guesthouse, welcoming and attending to our guests, arranging suitable accommodation via telephone and email, assisting with function planning, liaising with the monastic community and assisting with housekeeping operations throughout the building. A basic level of computer literacy would be important as the role includes providing email admin support. Candidates must be security conscious (you will be a keyholder) with excellent communication skills and a can-do approach to working within a varied role. Hospitality experience is an advantage but more important is a ‘right fit’ for the position, and especially sympathetic to the ideals of a Roman Catholic contemplative community of monks.
– An excellent communicator.
– Well presented.
– A good time keeper.
– Dependable and security-conscious.
– A ‘can-do’ attitude, adaptable to a variety of requests both from guests and monastic community.
– Able to work unsupervised as well as within an existing team.
– A basic level of computer literacy.
– Able to adapt to both quiet and busy times of the year.
– Driver preferred due to location and occasional errands.
What we offer:
– Competitive salary.
– All meals provided.
– Private accommodation provided within the Guesthouse.
– A beautiful rural place of work.
– Full access to the Divine Office and daily Mass.
– Use of vehicle for official errands.
This is a residential position that requires you to reside at Mount Saint Joseph Abbey on the days on which you are working.
Successful applicant will be subject to reference checks and a safeguarding clearance check before commencement of duties.
Please send your CV with a covering letter to Dom Malachy Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for receipt of Applications Friday 8th April 15.00 pm.