We are seeking a residential Guesthouse Assistant for our popular and historic Guest facility
Are you a people person, happy to work alongside others but also on your own? Do you have excellent attention to detail and thrive on offering an exceptional guest experience? Then Dom Malachy and the Community of Mount St Joseph would like to hear from you. We are a monastic community in Roscrea and we pride ourselves on our historic guesthouse, a beautiful manor house set just beyond the Abbey Church. We entertain single and group bookings in a variety of comfortable guest rooms, all ensuite, with views across the Irish countryside. We have a busy kitchen and dining room, several reception areas and a front desk
Outline of position
To provide excellent customer service at our guesthouse:
– welcome guests and attend to their needs,
– answer telephone calls, emails and in-person queries,
– act as primary first-point-of-call and site-information-desk to our visitors,
– assist with housekeeping duties as required,
– provide cheerful and punctual dining room service,
– Ensure an excellent overall guest experience for our visitors,
– Enjoy developing a good, lasting professional relationship with our Community members, guests and College faculty.
The position is live-in with meals provided. The successful applicant will work a five-day week with two days off midweek, although some flexibility is required.
Competitive salary is based on experience.
Please apply with a covering letter and attached CV to: Dom Malachy Thompson, Superior of MSJ.