If you feel that God may be calling you to monastic life in Mount Saint Joseph Abbey, the following are requirements for entry:
- To be a practicing Catholic, who has an attraction to prayer.
- Good physical and mental strength.
- Spiritual and emotional maturity.
- At ease with solitude and silence.
- Have the capacity to learn from others.
- Be willing to adapt and grow within the monastic environment.
- Ready to meet the challenges of community life.
- Aged between 20 – 50
They are happy, who dwell in your house, for ever singing your praise. Ps 83